Crisis Management Resources
Resources & Webinars
Miller Center Produced Resources
Crisis Business Planning Program
- The Crisis Business Planning Program was created rapidly to support GSBI alumni respond quickly, decisively, and confidently to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are a GSBI alumni and would like to participate in the program please let us know on the Miller Center Online Community. Otherwise social entrepreneurs are welcome to work through the curriculum with support from their staff, board and mentors.
- Next Billion Coronavirus Resources for the Social Impact Sector: A resource page to keep our readers informed about emerging opportunities, trends, events and other developments that can help impact-focused businesses and initiatives weather these challenging times.
- Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business: Helping Entrepreneurs find COVID-19 cash relief at covidcap.com. A searchable website to help any entrepreneur in the world, for-profit or nonprofit, struggling due to the economic impacts of COVID-19, to locate cash relief resources in their community.
- ANDE COVID-19 Response and Resources: Page with resources relevant to the SGB sector.
- Skoll Community Resources on COVID-19 Global Response Efforts: Resources ranging from small-business support to financial assistance.
- RSF Social Finance Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources: (for US-based organizations) Resources for borrowers and ways to donate.
GSBI Alumni, Want Personalized Assistance with Impacts from the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- For GSBI Alumni: the Truss Fund, for more information and a link to the application.
- Kiva Coronavirus Loans
- Rockefeller Foundation Support
- Family Philanthropy – COVID-19: Response and Recovery Resources for Giving Families
- Funding for coronavirus (COVID-19) Philanthropy’s response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Action Against Corona
- CASE at Duke COVID-19 Capital Relief
- Truist-NCIFund COVID-19 Grants Available
- Small Business Administration helping small businesses navigate and recover from the COVID-19 crisis
- Aavishkaar Foundation Grant Opportunity
- Crowdsourced a list of over 190 investors who are actively investing despite COVID-19
- US Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loan Emergency Advance
- IIX Emergency Financial Funding: A revolving facility providing refundable grants and working capital loans to select high-impact SMEs, and creating over 70,000 livelihoods over the next 5 years. Email email@example.com for your specific needs to fund or access the IIX Emergency Financing Facility.
- Black Fox Philanthropy Fundraising News
- IIX’s Wome’s Livelihiid Bond 3: For enterprises running a business with an eye to financial health and social impact, building a business by being inclusive, and serving real community needs across your value chain and deeply embedded in vulnerable communities, and ensuring women are at the center of community resilience.
- Global Entrepreneurship Network: The Resource Center provides a collection of everything needed for Hispanic, Latino and Latinx-owned small business to start, survive or thrive.
- The West Africa Trade and Investment Hub: Supporting Sourcing, Agricultural and Non-agricultural Exports and Agricultural Supply Chains affected by COVID-19 in West Africa
Support GSBI Alumni
As the coronavirus continues to spread globally, retailers around the world are being severely impacted. International companies are shuttering stores and dealing with supply chain disruptions. Many of our social enterprises rely on retail operations to support their goals of alleviating poverty and protecting the planet, whether through direct investment, job creation for impoverished populations, or sourcing from small-scale artisans to promote viable livelihoods. Help our social entrepreneurs weather this pandemic by staying home and shopping directly from their online stores. And please share this with your friends. Our best wishes to you and your loved ones!
Support Through Giving
- Neopenda: Vital Signs Monitoring for COVID-19 Response
- Penda Health: Covid-19 has hit Kenya, and we need your help!
- Lead Africa: Campaign for LEAD
- Smart Havens Africa: Affordable Housing for Women in Africa
- Clean Cook Stoves via United Nations Carbon Offset Platform
- Nurture Africa: Coronavirus Emergency Appeal
- KoeKoe Tech: Covid-19 Response
- Access Afya: Access Afya’s COVID-19 Response
- CycleConnect: Cycle Connect COVID-19 Response Campaign
- Destinyreflection: Corona Virus: Supporting the Most Vulnerable
Support Social Enterprises Through Online Shopping
“COVID-19 has impacted All Across Africa already in many ways. At this point, our customer base is canceling or delaying their pre-booked orders for March and April as most of their stores are closed for the foreseeable future. Our national and international partners have canceled all partnership meetings and are holding on placing their sizable orders until they too can see what’s happening with consumer demand.
The communities we serve are particularly vulnerable so now more than ever it’s important to get them accurate health and safety information and for us to continue to find ways to bring them income and market access. While you are locked down, one way you can help is by shopping online to support Miller Center’s GSBI® Alumni social enterprises like us… among many others! Gift cards are also a great way to show your support and can be used for Mother’s Day or the future holiday season.
We encourage you to continue to shop local when you can and also support global businesses who are providing necessary means to the most vulnerable populations on the planet.”
Chief Operating Officer
All Across Africa + KAZI