Associate Program Director, Mentor Network
Chief Community Officer
Senior Director, Organization Health and Finance
- Jeff Miller Chair of Miller Center Advisory Board, CEO and President of JAMM Ventures
- Radha Basu Emeritus Member, Regis and Dianne McKenna Professor of Science, Technology, and Society Dean’s Executive Professor, School of Engineering
- Jack Bird Nonprofit Solutions Consultant, LinkedIn
- Ben A. Bisconti Private Investor and Not-for-Profit Advisor
- Jack Carsten Owner, Horizon Ventures
- Aarti Chandna Impact/Angel Investor & Advisor
- Howard Charney Investor & Board Member, Spectrum | Founder, 3Com & Grand Junction | Former SVP, Cisco | Trustee, Santa Clara University
- Meghan Carlsen Evans Senior Lab Manager, Healthy Child and Family Development Lab – San Diego State University
- Jon Freeman Founder, Principal Owner, and President, Stonecrest Financial
- Lisa-Braden-Harder Founder and Former CEO, Appen (APX:ASX)
- Brigit Helms Executive Director, Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship, Ex Officio Member
- Louis Jordan Senior Vice President of Global Finance, Starbucks (Retired)
- Lisa Kloppenberg, J.D. Acting President, Santa Clara University, Ex Officio Member
- Holly Levow Founder and CEO, Philanthropic Reach | Co-founder, Equitas Entertainment Partners
- James Lyons Vice President for University Relations, Santa Clara University, Ex Officio Member
- Jamie Osborn Vice President Finance, 10X Genomics
- Betsy Rafael VP Corporate Controller and Principal Accounting Officer, Apple
- Sayuri Sharper Impact Investor and Social Venture Mentor
- John M. Staudenmaier, S.J. Assistant to the President for Mission & Identity, University of Detroit Mercy
- Doug Tsui Board Member/Advisor at Transparent Fish Fund/Chao Foundation
- Ali Walecka Philanthropist and Fundraiser
- Steven White Miller Center Executive Fellow
- Agnieszka Winkler Public & private boards of directors, CEO, innovation, a focused entrepreneur with a global perspective
Social Enterprise Alumni Advisory Council
- Manka Angwafo | Founder & CEO, Grassland Cameroon
- Zubaida Bai | Founder & Board Chair, ayzh Inc.
- Sanjay Banka | Co-Founder & Board Chair, Banka BioLoo
- Wawira Njiru | Founder & Executive Director, Food4Education
- Joseph Nkandu | Executive Director, NUCAFE
- Antonio Nuño | Co-founder & CEO, Someone Somewhere
- Diana Popa | Founder, Extensio–Acceso
- Manoj Sinha | Founder & CEO, Husk Power Systems
With the world at an inflection point, the work of Miller Center is more important than ever. Seeking to align the “voice of the customer” more closely with our work, we have convened the Social Enterprise Alumni Advisory Council to provide feedback and direction on strategy and tactics that will help to inform our choices and bring about our most ambitious outcomes. The council provides an ongoing sounding board and focus group — representing the social enterprises we work with globally and providing customer feedback in many areas, including alumni support, investment facilitation, programming, and student engagement.
Who is eligible for the SE Alumni Advisory Council?
Graduates of Miller Center programs who lead social enterprises that prioritize women’s economic empowerment or climate resilience and are scalable and/or replicable. Priority consideration is given to local leaders. Invitations extended are not transferable to other staff within the organization.
How many Social Entrepreneurs will be on the Council?
The council is composed of 6–8 members who are Miller Center alumni. If a specific need or point of view is identified that cannot or best not be represented by an alum, we may grant exceptions.
How long is the term of service for the Social Enterprise Alumni Advisory Council?
Each member will serve up to a two-year term, though the first term (2021) may be staggered, with some members serving up to three years, to allow for an overlap of previous and new members in the future.
For more information, contact Eli Latimerlo Sr. Director of Development at: firstname.lastname@example.org