2023 Mentor Opportunities
Starting May 2023
We are recruiting mentors to serve as interviewers to interview and select the next Miller Center Accelerator cohort (MCA25) that will launch in June 2023. Interviews will take place over Zoom and are approximately 45 minutes each plus 10 minutes of debrief. For each interview, there will be mentors asking specific topic-related questions regarding business, finance, and impact for about 10-minutes each. Interviews will be scheduled May 15 – June 1.
There will be a max of two interviews a day which will take place between 8-10am or 5-7pm (PT). If you sign up, you will be provided the specific dates/times for the interviews where you can indicate your availability. Also, if you also sign up to be a mentor in this cohort, you will have priority in your choice of social enterprise to mentor.
- May 15 – June 1 (you will be able to select your available dates)
- 1-3 hours of prep-work to prepare for interviews of 2 social enterprises, plus interviews
- Joce Pulido
Starting June 2023
We are recruiting mentors for the next Miller Center Accelerator cohort running June 2023 – January, 2024. This 6-month program is designed for high-potential social enterprises with proven traction working on women’s economic empowerment, climate resilience, or the intersection of both. The accelerator combines mentorship with structured curriculum to help social entrepreneurs address gaps in their impact model, business model, and growth strategies, and ultimately move them along the path toward growth, significant scale, and investment. If you plan to mentor for this cohort and also volunteer to interview and select the cohort, you will have priority pick of the admitted social entrepreneurs to work with!
- June 27, 2023 – January 16, 2024
- 1-3 hours/wk of prep-work; mentors will hold weekly one-hour calls with the social entrepreneurs for the duration of the program to help them build sustainable and scalable businesses by providing their insights and feedback.
- Joce Pulido
Starting July & August 2023
We are recruiting mentors to serve as mock investor panelists for the Miller Center Accelerator (MCA24) ending in August, 2023. The panel sessions will take place on July 25, 26, 27 and again on August 22, 23, 24. You will not be expected to participate in all dates, rather you will be provided the specific times/dates and can indicate your availability. The first week of panels will simulate an introductory meeting with an impact investor. The second week of panels will simulate a due diligence meeting. During these sessions, panelists will role-play as impact investors by asking clarifying questions, challenging the entrepreneur’s assumptions and testing their knowledge of their business.
- July 25, 26, 27 and August 22, 23, and 24
- 1-3 hours of prep-work per social enterprise; mentors will remain with the same enterprises for the first panel session(s) in July and the second in August. We ask that you be a panelist for a minimum of 2 social enterprises, but can sign up for more as available.
- Joce Pulido
Programs In Progress
- Innovation Works Accelerator, Spring 2023
- Miller Center Accelerator (MCA24)
- Bespoke Mentoring
Once the entrepreneurs for each program or panel session have been selected, the Mentor Network Team will reach out to mentors who have registered their interest through our form or through the Miller Center’s community website. Accelerator mentors will receive a summary of the participants in the cohort and are encouraged to indicate any preferences, interests, and limitations. Panelists mentors will receive an email confirming their participation and an invitation to attend a panelist training Webinar. Generally, you can expect to hear from our team about two weeks before the start of any given program.
Email Lynne or Sharon with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org