2022 Mentor Opportunities
Starting July 2022
We are recruiting mentors to help with the Feedback Panels from July 26 – August 9, conducted over Zoom. As a panelist, you will meet virtually over a three week period with the same set of social entrepreneurs for 2-3 hours beginning at 7:00am on July 26, Aug 2, and Aug 9. Entrepreneurs will share their impact, business, operations, and investment asks and you will provide feedback. The panelist kickoff call is July 18.
Dates and Times:
7/18, 10-11am PT – Panelist Kickoff: Information about the panel sessions and information on the SEs that will be in your session (will be recorded)
7/26, 7:00-10:30am PT – Feedback Panel 1: Impact/Business Model & Situational Analysis
8/2, 7:00-10:30am PT – Feedback Panel 2: Growth Plan
8/9, 7:00-10:30am PT – Feedback Panel 3: Fundraising Plan
- Attend one 1 hour kick off session (will be recorded)
- Review information on 2 social entrepreneurs prior to each of the panels
- Must attend all three 2 hour panel sessions spread out over 3 weeks (there will only be AM sets of panels)
Program Manager: Avery Rissling
Starting August 2022
We are recruiting mentors for the remote pre-work and in-person October Miller Center In-Residence. This thematic cohort will be focused on enterprises working within the sectors of water and/or climate-smart agriculture.
The cohort will be selected and paired with mentors in early August 2022. The pre-work phase in August and September is geared toward preparing social enterprises to articulate and defend their business models to investors. The In-Residence phase will have the social entrepreneurs and mentors meet at Santa Clara University to learn from industry experts and each other and will consist of a mock investor panel, storytelling and presentation skills, leadership and governance, bespoke mentoring, etc. Ideally, we would like mentors who sign up for the pre-work to also continue through the In-Residence. There will also be the potential to raise investment from Miller Center and its investment partners. Immediately following the In-Residence, Miller Center will continue support for the entrepreneurs during this year’s SOCAP conference in San Francisco.
- Pre-work (remote): Aug 10 – Oct 3, 2022
- In-Residence (in-person): Oct 14 – 17, 2022
- SOCAP conference: Oct 18 – 20, 2022
- Pre-work: Weekly one-hour calls with your social entrepreneur, related prep work, 1-2 webinars, and a mock investor panel
- In-Residence: (in-person only attendance; see preliminary agenda)
- Karen Runde and Alex Pan
Programs In Progress
- Miller Center Accelerator – June-December
- Innovation Works Accelerator
- Women’s Economic Empowerment
- Bespoke Mentoring Pilot
- 2022 April In-Residence Action Plan Resolution
Once the entrepreneurs for each program or panel session have been selected, the Mentor Network Team will reach out to mentors who have registered their interest through our form or through the Miller Center’s community website. Accelerator mentors will receive a summary of the participants in the cohort and are encouraged to indicate any preferences, interests, and limitations. Panelists mentors will receive an email confirming their participation and an invitation to attend a panelist training Webinar. Generally, you can expect to hear from our team about two weeks before the start of any given program.
Email Lynne or Sharon with any questions at email@example.com